Goals for all fieldwork:
1. To provide education students a variety of teaching experiences in a variety of classrooms prior to student teaching.
2. To enable students to become keen observers of children, the classroom environment, and the teaching-learning process.
3. To provide opportunities for students to interact with diverse learners as a teacher, and to obtain some actual teaching experiences under the close supervision of the cooperating teacher.
4. To enable students to develop a realistic view of the roles and responsibilities of teachers in an actual classroom setting.
5. To encourage students to identify their strengths as potential teachers as well as those areas needing improvement.
6. To make students more aware of both the challenges and the rewards of teaching.
7. To apply strategies/techniques/practices studied in teacher education course work and reflect on the results of actions as a teacher (on student learning).