Welcome to the oddly named course, "So you want to be a biologist"! Although the course name is strange, it is an accurate reflection of the foci of the course:
- Helping you discover if Biology is the correct career path for you.
- Laying the foundation for you to be a successful biology major at William Jewell College.
- What career options are available for someone with a degree in biology?
- How do I figure out what I want to do with my life? How can I be sure this career is a good fit for me? How do I begin preparing for my chosen career?
- What is the best way to study for college-level biology courses?
- What skills and information do I need to succeed in science? For example, what needs to be included in a scientific laboratory report? How can I read scientific literature effectively?
- What is the benefit of doing research as an undergraduate? What research opportunities are available at WJC? What off-campus research opportunities are available? When should I begin doing research?
- What will my class schedule look like for the next four years? Should I pursue a second major? A minor? What courses do I need to take for my chosen career path?
- What credentials will I need in order to get accepted to graduate school? Medical school? Professional School?